Last Updated on May 3, 2022
Under the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 (Public Law 109-171 Section 6032, any employer who receives or makes $5 million or more per year in Medicaid payments is required to provide information to its employees about the federal and state False Claims Act.
The Fraud & Abuse and Deficit Reduction Act (DRA) Compliance Training presentation was created by the Office of Program Integrity at AHCCCS, and meets all the requirements of the Act for Arizona Providers. AHCCCS has given its health plans permission to use this presentation for both employees and their contractors.
As a provider, you may also be required to provide this information to your employees. Health Choice Arizona strongly recommends that you provide the attached information to your employees as a best practice.
Please note that if you provide the information or training to employees outside of Arizona, you may need to update the slides on state laws. A signature list should be kept of all individuals who have received the information or training in order to show compliance to the Act.
- Deficit Reduction Act (DRA) Compliance Training
- Fraud & Abuse presentation from the Arizona Office of Inspection General AHCCCS. We encourage all provider staff to view this presentation.
- A Roadmap for New Physicians: Guide for physicians on how to avoid Fraud & Abuse.
- HHS-OIG Compliance Training
- Health Choice Subcontractor Reporting Guide
- Fraud Waste & Abuse (FWA) Referral Form